Monday, June 15, 2009

California Dreaming

Lately, I've been thinking about California...

Growing up in Fresno, California, I wanted to do nothing but get out of there. Get out of Fresno, get out of California. While I don't regret my decision in the least, being away from California has made me realize how much I do love it.

I love getting dirt cheap strawberries by the flat on sides of the road.
I love being able to drive to the mountains and to the ocean, both in under 2 hours.
I love the Bay Area.
I love fresh citrus, especially lemons, picked right off the tree.
I love sourdough bread (you can't get the good stuff on the East Coast!)
I love Redwood trees that are so old and so big and so tall.
I love fresh, fresh seafood.
I love Yosemite.
I love Disneyland.
I love the Central Coast.
I love delicious Mexican food gotten at taco trucks on construction sites with my dad.
I love foggy mornings.
I love being in the middle of downtown one minute and in the middle of orchards the next.
I love waking up on pristine mornings and being able to see the Sierra Nevada mountains, glorious with snow-peaked caps.
I love sunsets over the ocean. (can't get that on the East Coast)

There are many things I do not like about California (my homestate is going bankrupt. Ridiculous!) but right now, I'm dreaming of the California that will always have a piece of my heart.







California, despite its many faults, will always be my home.


Besides, the people I love are there.

No comments:

Post a Comment