Tuesday, May 26, 2009

A Plan, A Pan and Potatoes

Part of the reason I started this blog was too document my cooking exploits. ...Erm. I keep meaning to post something, but I keep forgetting to take pictures of what I'm doing! I've made lemon coconut walnut biscotti and twice-baked potatoes since I've started this blog (I am eating a potato right now. Delicious!). I haven't posted anything about them! I promise, the VERY NEXT cooking adventure I have, I will post here. This is more to me than to you, but at least you can hold me accountable.

Oh! But I am trying something new: I read somewhere that United Way awhile ago had a little campaign of trying to live on only $25 a week for food. I'm trying it! Well, sort of. I've set the limit a bit higher, to $35 a week for food, but so far so good! I spent $26 at the grocery store today, made twice baked potatoes and have enough leftovers to last me another 3-4 days.

So, not only will you get a dash of cooking, but a dash of me trying to budget! Here's to a healthier economy? For me?

No comments:

Post a Comment