Thursday, June 4, 2009

Movie Night

A few years ago my family and I went to New Zealand for Christmas and New Year's. It is often called "God's Own Country" and this statement is no exaggeration. New Zealand, simply, is beautiful. Jaw-dropping, heart-stopping, awe-inspiring, brings-you-to-your-knees beautiful. We hiked Franz Josef glacier while we were there - to get to the glacier though, we had to hike through a rainforest. Like one you'd see in Brazil! In any case, anytime that I hear or see something about New Zealand, I simply must pay attention.

This evening I stumbled upon this little film called Her Majesty.



It is a sweet, family film. It is a bit predictable, yes, but at the end you just feel good. Also, it shows, if only in small part, how beautiful New Zealand is. If you get the chance to watch it, I recommend it immensely.

One day I'll show some pictures of when I went to New Zealand. Even those don't capture it perfectly. What I would give to spend a year there (maybe I will someday!).

No comments:

Post a Comment