Thursday, June 18, 2009

Summertime Movies

I love going to the movie theater. It's film's answer to the stage, and except for the artificial buttery popcorn smell, going to the movies is a great way to beat the heat and go into suspended disbelief.

This summer, there are a ton of movies I want to see. Here are just a few:

First, the serious, The Stoning of Soraya M. I keep reading books about this places we all didn't pay attention to before 9/11 and I have to say, I'm fascinated, and this movie only adds to the fire.



Second, the heartwarming uplifting predictable but love it anyway film: Julie & Julia. I love Meryl Streep and I love Julia Child. I love food and I love sass. Conveniently, someone decided to make a movie combining all of these things.



Finally, the ridiculous: Dead Snow. It is a movie about Nazi zombies. Listen, I'm not going to try and act high-class. I am amused by this to no end, say what you will about my tastes. A good zomcom will always make my night.



There are multiple others I'm excited about, like Away We Go, Paper Heart, Taking Woodstock, The Boat That Rocked, Public Enemies, and Inglourious Basterds. Plus six or seven more. Like I said, I love going to the movies.

No comments:

Post a Comment